Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Exam Guide
Are you looking to become a successful business analyst? Then you don’t have to worry any longer. We will guide you in securing your Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Designation. Moreover, you will obtain complete information concerning all CBAP exams as well.
Our guide will ensure that you understand your final exam requirements and understand what you will have to face to secure your certification. Moreover, our guide will discuss all aspects, including CBAP exam purpose, prerequisites, benefits, content, and job opportunities.
CBAP Exam Purpose
The Certified Business Analysis Professional Designation examination allows the candidate to obtain expertise in various business domains to understand business processes, analysis, handling complex projects, and handling stakeholders.
The CBAP exam certification enables candidates to showcase their unique skills, leadership abilities, business knowledge, professional competence, and commitment.
CBAP Exam Prerequisites
To obtain the CBAP certification, candidates need to have
- Experience of 7500 hours or approx. 5 plus years valid work experience (During last 10 years)
- Completed 900 hours in 4 out of 6 BABOK guide knowledge areas(business analysis planning, collaboration and elicitation, life cycle management requirements, strategy analysis, solution evaluation, Analysis requirements, and design definition), achieving a total of 3600/7500
- Completed 35 hours of professional development during the last 4 years
- Provide two valid references
- Agree to exam code of conduct
CBAP Exam Benefits
There are great advantages to getting a business analysis professional; it not only opens up a vast job market to its candidates but also helps them get a reputable position. Moreover, there are also some other benefits, such as:
- It identifies that the candidates have basic information, knowledge, and experience as effective business analysis professionals.
- It permits the candidates to stand out to directors and other employers by showing their hard work and dedication to their careers and the profession of business analysis.
- Certified Business Analysis Professionals earn up to more than 13 % more than others.
Certified Business Analysis Professional Exam Details
CBAP is an online exam, and candidates can attempt it from anywhere around the world. However, the exam centers are also available so candidates can choose the best option. Candidates just have to get registered online and pay the fee through the online payment option given.
Exam Fees: The exam application fee is $145 (member & non-member), and the exam fee is $350 (member) and $505 (non-member).
Exam Registration Method: Candidates can get registered for the exam through the IIBA website.
Exam Questions: 120 MCQ-type questions
Exam Time Allowed: 3.5 hours
Exam Passing Score: Not listed, but performance indicators are provided, so you must score over 70% so that you do not lie in the Lower than Average category.
Exam Expiry: CBAP certification remains valid for a period of 3 year
Exam Renewal: Certification remains valid for 3 years, but your need to renew the certification by passing a minimum of 60 CDU (continuing development units) every 3 years
CBAP Exam Content Domains
You will need to cover the following CBAP exam domains to obtain your certification
- Business planning, analysis, and monitoring (14% weightage)
- Collaboration and elicitation (12% weightage)
- Life cycle management requirements (15% weightage)
- Strategy analysis (15% weightage)
- Design definition and analysis requirements (30% weightage)
- Solution evaluation (14% weightage)
CBAP Exam Study Preparation Tips:
There are many ways through which candidates can help regarding their CBAP exam, such as:
- Past Papers: There are numerous past papers or exam dumps available online that you can practice online. Moreover, candidates should try to attempt as many as possible before the exam. It will enable them to learn more topics.
- Join Online Test Sessions: Online tests are available; you can train for your exam and efficiently solve them.
- Group Study: group study makes learning joyful, and one gets to learn more in less time due to the sharing of thoughts, tips, techniques, and ideas.
- Join Academies: Online and physical academies for CBAP exam are available, and candidates can get themselves enrolled quite easily.
Certified Business Analysis Professional Job Opportunities
Various job opportunities are linked with CBAP, such as consultant, product manager, associate, business analyst, technical business analyst, etc.
You can easily earn a handsome salary by securing Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Designation and obtain a salary range between $83,000 per year to $182,000 per year, depending upon experience level.
The CBPA exam offers candidates a fantastic opportunity to secure themselves a safe and ideal career future. Moreover, many business professionals try to pass the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Designation exam due to the many benefits associated with the position. So what are you waiting for? Register now and secure your future.