Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification Exam
|Exam Name||Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification Exam|
|Exam Format||Online, multiple-choice|
|Exam Duration||5 hours and 40 minutes|
|Exam Cost||Varies depending on membership status and exam location. See AAPC website for details.|
Recommended resources for CPC certification exam preparation include:
- AAPC CPC Study Guide: This study guide provides comprehensive coverage of the CPC exam topics, along with review questions and sample exam questions.
- AAPC Online Practice Exams: AAPC offers a range of online practice exams that simulate the actual CPC certification exam, providing candidates with valuable exam experience.
- Medical Coding Books: Various medical coding books are available in the market that can be helpful for CPC certification exam preparation, including the ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS Level II codebooks.
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology Textbooks: Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology is essential for the CPC certification exam. Textbooks covering these topics can be helpful for exam preparation.
- Coding Clinics: AAPC Coding Clinics provide in-depth analysis of complex coding scenarios, providing valuable insights into real-world coding practices.
- CPC Exam Preparation
In addition to these resources, candidates can gain practical experience and knowledge by working in the medical coding and billing field, attending training sessions, and participating in professional development opportunities. The CPC certification is valid for one year, and certified professionals are required to maintain their certification by earning continuing education units (CEUs) through professional development activities and industry involvement.
Candidates can also join study groups, attend webinars and conferences, and participate in online forums and discussion boards to enhance their exam preparation. It is important to stay up-to-date with the latest coding guidelines, regulations, and industry trends to perform well on the CPC certification exam.
During the exam, candidates must demonstrate their ability to correctly code medical diagnoses, procedures, and services in compliance with current coding guidelines and regulations. The exam is designed to test candidates’ knowledge of coding concepts, as well as their ability to apply this knowledge to real-world coding scenarios.
Passing the CPC certification exam demonstrates a high level of coding knowledge and expertise, and can open up new career opportunities in the medical coding and billing field.